Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

IHSA Football Playoffs Begin Friday

Exciting time here in Illinois with the football playoffs starting Friday in all eight classes of teams in the state.

I have my favorites, but am not saying because that would jinx them. However, in my Roadlog Blog, I have a competition going between the Route 66 schools and those on the Lincoln Highway. See today's entries at http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com.

From the October 24th Chicago Tribune Preps Plus section.

BY THE NUMBERS

547-- Number of teams eligible for state playoffs

256 Teams that qualified for the playoffs

32 Teams per class

8 Number of classes

39 Number of Playoff Points needed to qualify

29 Number of undefeated 9-0 teams in playoffs

27 Number of seasons in a row DuQuoin has qualified for the playoffs. Mount Carmel is second at 25.

36 years since the IHSA began the state playoffs

17 Number of 5-4 teams that didn't make the playoffs

0 Number of 4-5 teams to reach playoffs

My old high schools, Palatine and Fremd, made it to the playoffs with 5-4 records. I taught for 33 years in Round Lake at the middle school. The high school team didn't make it and had a 1-8 record. Big surprise.

Our local kids go to Richmond-Burton High School which is in with a 9-0 record.

Ra Re Ree, Kick Him in the Knee. Ra Ra Ras, Kick Him in...the Other Knee. --RoadDog


MUSINGS FROM A CONFUSED MIND: All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

No comments: