Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Where Were You October 17, 1967?-- Part 1

Two weekends ago, good old Bob Stroud took us back to the fall of 1967 on his Rock and Roll Roots Show on Chicago's Drive radio station. Then, jumped ahead five years to October 17, 1972.

Listening to songs playing back then has a way of taking me directly back.

Back in 1967, I was a junior at Palatine High School and working at the Burger King in that village on Northwest Highway, US-14. I had just joined the school newspaper, RoadDog, Cub Reporter and was covering sports.

I had not yet met Liz. but would in just a few weeks.

My family lived in Winston Park subdivision on Anderson Drove, across from St. Thomas School.

I did not hear this show because we were in Dekalb trying to recover from Homecoming the day before, so all comments are mine.

EXPRESSWAY TO YOUR HEART-- SOUL SURVIVORS-- A great road cruising song.
I'M WONDERING-- STEVIE WONDER-- I don't remember this song by title, but might if I hear it.
KENTUCKY WOMAN-- NEIL DIAMOND-- Old Neil gets my vote for Rock and Roll hall of Fame.

DANDELION-- ROLLING STONES-- Psychedelic-Era Stones. Who's stoned? From "Their Satanic Majesty's Request."
DIFFERENT DRUM-- STONE PONEYS-- Be still my heart. That lead singer Linda was b-e-u-t-y-ful!!
LET IT OUT (LET IT ALL HANG OUT)-- HOMBRES-- Potentially a dirty little song Let what hang out? A great Garage Rock song.

Going Back to the Sixties. --RoadDog


MUSINGS FROM A CONFUSED MIND: I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.

No comments: