Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ten Windy Songs for ONE WINDY DAY

While on the subject of wind, I mentioned that Bob Stroud had changed his Ten at Ten show on the Drive at 97.1 FM in Chicago from 1973 to the subject of the day. And that would be Da Wind.

Here are Bob's Ten Windy Songs.

WINDS OF CHANGE-- Scorpions-- Just whistlin' in the wind.
THE WIND CRIES MARY-- Jimi Hendrix-- I can name it in three notes. How about you?
CATCH THE WIND-- Donovan-- Don't worry about catching it, it will FIND you.

EVIL WIND-- Bad Company-- I wasn't familiar with this one.
WINDY-- Association-- Makes you want to go out and frolic in the wind.
RIDE LIKE THE WIND-- Christopher Cross-- I liked this one better than his big hit. What was his big hit, anyway?

BLOW AWAY-- George Harrison-- One of the Quiet Beatle's Best efforts.
AGAINST THE WIND-- Bob Seger
BLOWIN' IN THE WIND-- Peter, Paul & Mary-- The answer would get blown away today.
YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY-- Genesis

Stroud invites his listeners to vote for their favorites. I voted for "Windy" by the Association. In a rarity, it had the most votes at noon with 20.5%. Second is "Against the Wind" with 15.9% and third "The Wind Cries Mary" with 12.1%.

You can hear a rebroadcast tonight at 10 pm on www.wdrv.com.

What Did the Pirates Used to Sing? "Weigh Hey, Blow me Away." --RoadDog


MUSINGS FROM A CONFUSED MIND: I went to San Francisco. I found somebody's heart. Now what?

No comments: