Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dallas Frazier, Mr. "Elvira"-- Part 1

From Wikipedia.

This past week I was writing in my RoadLog blog about my trip to Carolina Beach, N.C. this past July, and specifically about my memories of hanging out in the Silver Dollar Saloon on the boardwalk in 1976 and listening to the jukebox.

We, well me, really played the songs "North Carolina" and "Elvira" a lot.  Both were sung by Dallas Frazier.I sure had a good time listening to them on You Tube and bringing back memories.  Even thinking right now about ordering an album or CD with them on it.

I am a country music fan and have heard of Dallas Frazier on occasion so did some further research on him.

He was born October 27, 1939 and is a noted musician and songwriter who had much success in the 1950s and 1960s.

His birthplace was Spiro, Oklahoma, but he grew up in (Merle and Buck land) in Bakersfield, California.  As a teen, he played with country star Ferlin Husky.

More to Come.  --RoadDog


SAY WHAT?  ""E ticket"  Before the electronic ticket, Disneyland's most expensive ride coupons meant a top-of-the-kine experience.  (Doesn't mean anything to me.)

No comments: