Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sadly, No Johnsburg "Circle of Flags" Ceremony This Year

I drove to the Johnsburg, Illinois, Library at 9 and didn't see anything.  I even tried the veterans' memorial by the Community Club, but nothing was there either.  I guess they are not having it this year.  Too bad.

My wife Liz showed me items on Facebook.  One video to the music of the Eagles' "New York Minute" by a school teacher for his students was particularly impressive. When you listen to the lyrics of the song, they really hit home.  About everything changing in a minute, which it sure did back on 9-11-01.

I also saw the Alan Jackson video "Where Were You" which always gets me.  If any one song sums those sad events up for me, it's that one.

No comments: