Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 22, 2014

WLS R&B Top Ten, September 18, 1964

On this date, the WLS Top 40 Silver Dollar Survey went to the Top 30 with the addition of the R&B Top Ten.  I will occasionally print this as I am a big R&B fan.   I imagine it was an attempt to get  the black listeners.  I don't recognize some of these so You Tube here I come.

1.  MERCY MERCY--  Don Covay
2.  FUNNY JOE--  Hinton
3  RHYTHM--  Major Lance

4.  SACRIFICE-- Little Milton
5.  STEAL AWAY--  Jimmy Hughes
6.  SECURITY--  Otis Redding
7.  BABY, I NEED YOUR LOVING--  Four Tops

8.  YOU'LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN--  Dionne Warwick
9.  I STAND ACCUSED--  Jerry Butler
10.  GOTTA GET MY HANDS ON SOME LOVIN'--  Artistics

--  RoadDog


DAY WHAT?  "Drop a dime."  First, find a a pay phone, then drop in 50 cents.  This could also go for jukeboxes.

No comments: