Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Music Deaths: Richard Cowsill, Tommy Ramone, Johnny Winter

From Oldies News, your place to keep up with any and everything dealing with our oldies artists (not always deaths, either).

RICHARD COWSILL, 63: died July 8, 2014.  Road manager of the Cowsills (remember Reuben Kincaid from the "Partridge Family") twin brother of group member Bob Cowsill.   I sure enjoyed the Cowsills and even the TV series based on them.

TOMMY RAMONE, 62.  Died July 11, 2014.  Last surviving Ramone.  I wasn't much of a Ramone fan, mainly because I had only heard a few of their songs.  But Little Steven got me into the band on his Underground Garage radio show and I am a big fan now.

JOHNNY WINTER, 70.  Died July 16, 2014.  Texas blues man.  I didn't care much for him until I got hooked on the blues.

--RoadDog

No comments: