Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

JSS: Gas Me-- Grass-- Football

JSS--  Just Some Stuff.

1.  GAS ME--  I heard on the radio yesterday that gas prices are steadily falling across the country, but not here in northeast Illinois.  It has had two huge jumps in the since Labor Day weekend and has "dropped" to $3.57 right now, considering that it was down to $3.44 a week before Labor Day.  The report said that it is expected to be $3.15 by Halloween and "might" even go BELOW $3!!  That won't happen around here though.

2.  GRASS--  My grass is in fast-growing mode right now.  I have to cut it every 4-5 days.  Cool (cold) temps and lots of rain tends to do that.

3.  FOOTBALL--  All this rain has kept me from getting to see my high school football games the last two Fridays.  Maybe this Friday I'll be able to see the Round Lake Panthers play the Zion ZeeBees.  This past Friday it was both cold and rainy.  I don't see games in either one of those, and definitely not both.

All five teams played in the cold and rain last Friday.

Local high schools I go to for games:

RICHMOND-BURTON ROCKETS--  Our town's high school.  I send lots and lots and lots of money there with my property taxes.
GRANT BULLDOGS--  Fox Lake's high school.  We spend so much time there, this is our second home.
PALATINE PIRATES--  My alma mater, Class of '69.
JOHNSBURG SKYHAWKS--  The School is two miles straight south of us.  When the wind isn't blowing, I can listen to the game.
ROUND LAKE PANTHERS--  Lived there for 19 years and taught there for 33 years.

Rah, Rah, Ree, Kick Him in the Knee...  --RoadDog


SAY WHAT?  "Close, but no cigar."  Or Ring.  Those fairground booth prizes were mighty hard to win.


No comments: