Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

JSS: End of Round Lake Carnival Jinx?-- Everybody Out-- McHenry Gridlock-- Chaos at Menard's Nursery-- Dandelion Plot

JSS--  Just Some Stuff.

1.  END OF ROUND LAKE CARNIVAL JINX?--  Today is drop-dead, down-right gorgeous after the warm yesterday but really heavy winds.  Is it possible that this means the end of that bad-old Round Lake Spring carnivals reign of horrible weather.  I hope so.

2.  EVERYBODY OUT--  With all that great weather, I think everybody who has a car in the McHenry, Illinois, area is out and driving around.  Parking lots were almost full.  Spring Fever has bitten, bitten mighty hard.

3. McHENRY GRIDLOCK--  Unfortunately, with all those folks out driving, downtown McHenry is undergoing a much-needed construction project and roads are torn up and down to two lanes all over, causing some major backups.

4.  CHAOS AT MENARD'S NURSERY--  I've seen Menard's in Fox Lake busy before, but not like today.  And, the inside wasn't too bad.  But just try to get near the nursery area.  The checkout lines were both open and backed up ten deep, made even farther by the carts and shopping carts.  Everyone's in the planting mood.

5.  DANDELION PLOT--  I don't know, but I've seen the multitude of dandelions in my yard seemingly bending over to whisper amongst themselves.  I thinking they're plotting overthrow.  Just to be safe, I'm getting my spade.  Hey guys, think SALAD!!!

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog

No comments: