Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Four New CDs (Well, New to Me)

Saturday, i went to my local mom and pop record store, The Vinyl Frontier,  in McHenry, Illinois to peruse the stacks of wax and whatever they make CDs out of.  The owner said that he had started the store when he heard that Skip at Full Cyrkle Records in Crystal lake was closing his shop.  He said that THERE SHOULD BE a place for us vinyl, non-downloading folk to go to and flip those albums until our hearts were content.

I not only flipped the vinyl, but also the CDs.

I bought Come Together: America Salutes rthe Beatles which is a collection of Beatle songs done by country stars like Tanya Tucker, Delbert McClinton Little Texas and even Chet Atkins.  I also got Music From Big Pink by the Band, that was their first outing in the record biz.

But two I was particularly happy with were by the Kinks.  I have been going back and collecting Kinks albums/CDs of late as I have gotten to like them even more than before.  They were the grungy Beatles before the Beatles got grungy.  The owner told me that someone had come in and sold their whole collection of Kinks and Creedence Clearwater Revival CDs.  I already have all the CCR/John Fogerty CDs.

I ended up buying The Live Kinks CD from the 1960s and Everybody's in Show-Biz.

Looking Forward to Some Listening.  --RoadDog

No comments: